Terms and conditions - Running off Christmas
Running off Christmas Virtual Event
Thanks for signing up to Running off Christmas 2020. Please read our terms & conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) carefully, and get in touch on firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Terms & Conditions
By participating in Running off Christmas (the "Event") in aid of Great Ormond Street Hospital Children's Charity (Registered charity no. 1160024) (the "Charity") you are deemed to have agreed to the following Terms and Conditions:
- You are registering for, and taking part in the Event of your own volition and therefore confirm that your general state of health and fitness is good and that you understand that any injury sustained by you, which after investigation is deemed to be no fault of the Charity, shall be your own responsibility. For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall attempt to limit or exclude, the Charity’s, liability for fraud, death or personal injury.
- The Event is only open to those who are 16 years of age and over.
- You understand that all information provided as part of the registration process is collected by Everyday Hero and passed to the Charity for the purpose of administering your participation in the event.
- Should you choose to connect your Everyday Hero account with any third party website and/or a device, you accept that you do so at your own risk, and the Charity shall not be responsible for any data you provide them, or the terms and conditions you may be asked to accept.
- By providing your details the Charity will contact you by email, SMS, telephone and mail about your fundraising and your participation in relation to the Event.
- You understand that team captains are able to view the name and email addresses of all team members.
- We will always treat your personal details with the utmost care and will never sell or swap with other organisations for their marketing purposes. We will keep your details safe and private and you can change your communication preferences at any time by contacting us at 40 Bernard Street, London, WC1N 1LE, telephone 020 3841 3131 or email@example.com.
- For team captains, please ensure you have team members’ consent to provide the Charity with their details. Please also be aware that, by completing this form you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions on behalf of everyone whose details you will be listing.
- Individual Participants who raise over £100, excluding Gift Aid, by midnight (GMT, UK) 28 February 2020 ("Qualifying Participant"), will automatically receive a Running off Christmas medal in the post. If a Team raises the equivalent of £100 per team member, excluding Gift Aid, by midnight (GMT, UK) 28 February 2020, each member of that team will receive a Running off Christmas medal in the post.
- All donations must be received either through Qualifying Participants' Running off Christmas Everyday Hero fundraising page or sent in via the post.
- The medal is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
- The Charity reserves the right to replace the medal with an alternative of equal or higher value in circumstances beyond the Charity's control makes it necessary to do so.
- The Charity reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
- The Charity accepts no responsibility for any errors due to a technical fault, technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, network or server failure of any kind.
- Qualifying Participants must provide a residential postal address, in the United Kingdom, which includes a valid postcode ("Valid Postal Address") in order to claim their medal.
- The medal will be sent via second class post, in March 2020, to the Valid Postal Address given upon registration to the Event, unless the Charity is updated otherwise.
- The Charity accepts no responsibility for any medals that are lost, damaged or delayed in the post and can only send out a replacement if there are extra medals available.
- Personal data supplied during the course of this promotion may be passed on to third party suppliers only insofar as required for fulfilment/delivery/arrangement of the medal.
- The Charity reserves the right to make changes to these Terms and Conditions from time to time.
- In the event of a conflict between these Terms and Conditions and any other terms and conditions on this website, or any other third-party websites associated or linked to via this one, then these Terms and Conditions shall prevail to the extent allowable by applicable law.
- The Terms and Conditions and any dispute or claim between the parties arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Each party irrevocably agrees that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions, or its subject matter or formation.